httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Ames <grega...@remulak.net>
Subject Re: .asis handler isn't driven
Date Mon, 01 Oct 2001 16:36:55 GMT
"William A. Rowe, Jr." wrote:

> [...]

This patch allows mod_asis to work again.  Thanks!

> We still have no mechanism to 'quantify' the quality of one handler or
> filter over another.  Funny that
>
> index.html  4000 bytes
> index.cgi    500 bytes
>
> will serve index.cgi, based on size, when the cpu impact of index.html is
> _significantly_ less expensive ;)

I don't know what to say about this situation when the URI is "index" or
/.  My gut says this is just ambiguous and is a user error.  Picking one
based on size seems pretty arbitrary.  I hope we don't have a lot of
sites depending on this behavior.

Greg