httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Ralf S. Engelschall" <...@engelschall.com>
Subject Re: ssl-std.conf
Date Wed, 31 Oct 2001 15:49:58 GMT

In article <ELEDJONBOPPAEGANDEEIEEFECAAA.joshua@slive.ca> you wrote:

>> Ops, sorry, I wasn't aware that people are waiting for a default
>> configuration. I've overlooked this issue. I then suggest the
>> appended patch
>> for httpd-std.conf which adds the parts of the Apache 1.3's mod_ssl
>> configuration.
>
> But we aren't waiting so much on the config itself as on your permission to
> use the config and the docs from mod_ssl.  You hold the copyright on that
> stuff, and we would like an explicit statement that you included both the
> docs and the config when you donated the code.

Oh, yes, of course. Seems like I was not clear in my old statements a few
months ago. Sorry, my fault. Yes, the ASF gets the full right to take over
every(!) piece of code from the latest mod_ssl distribution file (which
includes both config and documentation!) where I have the copyright on plus
the Ok from me to replace my copyright with the ASF one. You can feel free to
take over everything from the latest mod_ssl distribution file.  Just leave a
notice in the documentation that it was originally written by me for the
mod_ssl project.  But that's all I appreciate. You can treat this mail as the
official statement and quote me on this issue.

                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       rse@engelschall.com
                                       www.engelschall.com