httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jon Travis <jtra...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: More Dos -- Large GETs
Date Wed, 31 Oct 2001 17:01:50 GMT
Ok, I've tracked it a bit further.  This may be one of those 'Doctor it
hurts when I do this' types of things, but I was using an old 2.0 config
file that I had, and that was causing this.

Anyway, I gradually picked off lines from my config file vs. the distributed
one, and it looks like if you comment out the following 2 lines:

    AddHandler type-map var
    DirectoryIndex index.html index.html.var

Within the <Directory> for the htdocs, then the memory will go through the
roof with the method I described.

-- Jon