httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Bannert <aa...@clove.org>
Subject Re: move worker to new APR lock API?
Date Mon, 29 Oct 2001 07:38:58 GMT
> > I'd like to move the worker MPM to APR's new lock API, can I get some +1s?
> >
> > This shouldn't be a problem for platforms that haven't fully implemented
> > the new API, since the worker MPM is a predominately unix MPM, and that
> > platform is the most supported under the new API. Not to mention that
> > worker is the only place in httpd that uses the new condition variable
> > functions.
>
> ++1

The worker MPM has now been completely ported to the new lock API.
I'd like to start migrating other aspects of httpd over to the new methods.

As of this weekend APR now has complete implementations of the
apr_thread_mutex_t API on all supported platforms. The next step in my
plan for lock API conversion will be to move apr_lock_t/APR_INTRAPROCESS
locks to the new methods. This will include various modules and MPMs,
and should be fairly painless.

-aaron