httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <>
Subject Re: Re[1] Just tagged the tree.
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2001 21:19:27 GMT
On Wed, Oct 17, 2001 at 02:11:10PM -0700, hiten pandya wrote:
> hey all,
> guys.. dont leave me out,
> tell me where the problems are,
> as in which modules.. which directories...
> i cant wait for a beta!...
> i will help,

Please read Jeff Trawick's posts on (are you
subscribed to that list?).  We kind of know how to solve this
particular issue, we're just debating what the right solution
is.  =)  I'm not sure what the conclusion was.  And, I think
we're waiting for Jeff to resolve it.  That's how these things go.

And, I think most of the segfaults were in third-party modules
(like mod_perl and mod_php).  The web server that I had to restart
manually because we aren't detecting dead children just had its
primary hard drive go kaput.  So, I have no idea when I'll be able
to recreate the scenario again and analyze any core dumps.  I
wasn't saving core dumps at that time, but when it comes back up,
I'll turn on core dumps.  -- justin

View raw message