httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@ebuilt.com>
Subject Re: Re[1] Just tagged the tree.
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2001 21:19:27 GMT
On Wed, Oct 17, 2001 at 02:11:10PM -0700, hiten pandya wrote:
> hey all,
> guys.. dont leave me out,
> tell me where the problems are,
> as in which modules.. which directories...
> i cant wait for a beta!...
> i will help,

Please read Jeff Trawick's posts on dev@apr.apache.org (are you
subscribed to that list?).  We kind of know how to solve this
particular issue, we're just debating what the right solution
is.  =)  I'm not sure what the conclusion was.  And, I think
we're waiting for Jeff to resolve it.  That's how these things go.

And, I think most of the segfaults were in third-party modules
(like mod_perl and mod_php).  The web server that I had to restart
manually because we aren't detecting dead children just had its
primary hard drive go kaput.  So, I have no idea when I'll be able
to recreate the scenario again and analyze any core dumps.  I
wasn't saving core dumps at that time, but when it comes back up,
I'll turn on core dumps.  -- justin