httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Sander van Zoest <san...@vanZoest.com>
Subject Re: MD5 mime issues on daedalus
Date Mon, 15 Oct 2001 05:50:35 GMT
On Sun, 14 Oct 2001, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

>     <Files *.asc>
>       RemoveEncoding gz tgz Z
>     </Files>
> should have included the pattern md5.  Would explain this observation ;)

I would put in a
<Files *.md5$>
  RemoveEncoding gz tgz Z
</Files>

> Appropriate content-types might be;
> AddType application/pgp-signature md5 asc
> or no?

# RFC 3156
AddType application/pgp-signature .asc

is correct (although it is already listed in the mimetypes file as
text/plain for some reason), but md5 isn't a pgp registered extension.
It isn't really related to pgp. I do not know of the correct mime type
for an md5 checksum file. Anyone?

Usually this would be used in a Content-MD5 header (RFC2616#14.15), which
we might want to add to the actual tarballs just as Content-Encoding.

Cheers,

--
Sander van Zoest                                          sander@vanzoest.com
High Geek                                         http://Sander.vanZoest.com/