httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Eric Prud'hommeaux" <e...@w3.org>
Subject Re: mod_rewrite drop the QUERY_STRING using the [P] flag on per-dir context
Date Fri, 12 Oct 2001 18:56:03 GMT
Dear Martin Zeh,

The fix for bug number 5073 is causing some trouble with rewrites that
match uris with no '?' in them but have one appended by the rewrite
rule. The '?' ends up encoded as %3F which hides the following
parameters from CGI. There appears to be no way to prevent this. this
problem does not occur in rewrites that are not in a directory
context.

I would like to fix this bug and re-establish the symetry between the
per-dir and global rewrites. I think there may be a way to fix 5073
without causing this new bug. Would you please check to see if your
bug occurs in the current distribution if you put the
"r->uri == r->unparsed_uri"
check back into mod_rewrite.c?

If the bug was a manifestation of something that has been fixed in the
mean time, we could remove the patch and have the per-dir rewrite
logic be the same as the global rewrite logic.

If the bug persists for you, I would like to work with you to find a
solution that doesn't create this encoding problem. Thank you for
your assistance.

--
-eric

(eric@w3.org)