httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Bannert <aa...@clove.org>
Subject Re: comments
Date Fri, 12 Oct 2001 21:36:42 GMT
On Fri, Oct 12, 2001 at 01:52:24PM -0700, hiten pandya wrote:
> i was wondering if there was need of more comments in the
> code, i mean, i dont mind doing it,

+1

> the reason to this is:
> new people to the httpd-2.0 source tree will get easily
> confused on where to debug the code,
>
> like me, i got confused when the bit of sed came in the
> buildconf scripts.

I just added a bunch of sed mumbo-jumbo, so I'm definately at fault here.
The problem is how to comment a shell snippet that is part of a makefile
target. It gets more confusing when you want to comment a sed program
that is part of a shell script part of a makefile -- ugh! Ideas on how
to place comments in this would be appreciated.

-aaron