httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@ebuilt.com>
Subject Re: apxs installation
Date Fri, 12 Oct 2001 15:25:49 GMT
On Fri, Oct 12, 2001 at 10:18:14AM -0500, cmpilato@collab.net wrote:
> Hi, Mike Pilato here (Subversion developer, httpd-2.0 list lurker).
>
> Did I miss a recent change to the httpd-2.0 install process?  I've
> tried compiling and installed the latest codebase on three different
> machines in the past week (1 linux, 2 freebsd), and in all cases the
> /usr/local/apache2/bin/apxs script was *not* copied from the source
> tree.  No errors of any kind, just a missing file where there formerly
> would have been one.  Not even in the target list in the Makefile's
> install rule (with apachectl and dbmmanage).  Subversion uses that
> script as part of our build of mod_dav_svn...is it no longer part of
> the installation routine?

Somehow it got dropped.  I noticed that last night.  It's a bug.  I
looked and I'm not sure what happened.  It should be copied.  =)

> Also, a side note.  When using autoconf 2.52 on the freebsd boxen,
> there is some script-code generated at the bottom of config.status
> that looks like this:
>
> #
> # CONFIG_COMMANDS section.
> #
> for ac_file in : $CONFIG_COMMANDS; do test "x$ac_file" = x: && continue
>   ac_dest=`echo "$ac_file" | sed 's,:.*,,'`
>   ac_source=`echo "$ac_file" | sed 's,[^:]*:,,'`
>
>   case $ac_dest in
>   esac
> done
>
> On linux, this is fine.  On freebsd, /bin/sh complains of syntax
> problems (sorry, don't have the error on hand, but it led me to
> believe the empty case statement was the offender).  Of course, in
> linux, /bin/sh is bash.  And indeed, if I make /bin/sh on the freebsd
> box just a link to /usr/local/bin/bash, no error occurs.

Could this be an autoconf thing not something that we are doing?
I don't seem to recall CONFIG_COMMANDS being in our script - it may
be script-foo added by autoconf.  What happens with autoconf-2.5?

HTH.  -- justin