httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Stone <dan...@sfarc.net>
Subject Re: Placing a recent snapshot on daedalus?
Date Thu, 11 Oct 2001 07:37:38 GMT
On Wed, Oct 10, 2001 at 12:36:51PM -0700, Ryan Bloom wrote:
> On Wednesday 10 October 2001 12:17 pm, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> > Would it be possible to place a fairly current snapshot of httpd-2.0
> > up on daedalus?
> >
> > I'd really like to get the input filter changes hammered on.  If
> > it is broken, the sooner we get feedback, the better.  I know that
> > there are tons of other fixes (or "new features") that have entered
> > recently that should also be tested in the "real world."
>
> Daedalus is NOT a location to be sanity checking new code.  When
> www.apache.org goes down, people notice.  The current code should
> not be placed on www.apache.org until it has been tested extensively
> on a lot of other machines.

Depends. I made the call to put a CVS snapshot from the 1st of October
into the Debian package (which is waiting to be uploaded as I'm not a
Developer; still in the process), and another snapshot before that,
because it's been so long since a release and, by the looks of it,
several important fixes have gone in. I will continue to track CVS until
you can find a release stable enough to call beta, or do weekly releases
or whatever.

-d

--
Daniel Stone						    <daniel@sfarc.net>
<Overfiend> OH, COME ON, LET ME FLAME THE FUCKER