httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Bannert <aa...@clove.org>
Subject Re: Placing a recent snapshot on daedalus?
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2001 20:01:36 GMT
On Wed, Oct 10, 2001 at 12:43:26PM -0700, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
[...]
> I was also suggesting that a CVS snapshot be placed against a
> log replay - I think Greg and some others have done this in the
> past to "simulate" Daedalus's load.  But, this code really needs
> to interact with real browsers and real latency.

I've always been curious how you guys perform log replays, are the
scripts for doing this available anywhere? (assuming they are scripts :)

> This can't be
> easily simulated with any test tool.

As the other 50% of the development inspiration of our beloved flood
load testing tool, I'll just pretend I didn't hear that... ;)

To be fair, taking CERN logs into flood is one of design goals that is
currently less than adequate, but can still be done with some script
magic.

-aaron