httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jon Travis <>
Subject Re: Placing a recent snapshot on daedalus?
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2001 19:41:25 GMT
On Wed, Oct 10, 2001 at 12:36:51PM -0700, Ryan Bloom wrote:
> On Wednesday 10 October 2001 12:17 pm, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> > Would it be possible to place a fairly current snapshot of httpd-2.0
> > up on daedalus?
> >
> > I'd really like to get the input filter changes hammered on.  If
> > it is broken, the sooner we get feedback, the better.  I know that
> > there are tons of other fixes (or "new features") that have entered
> > recently that should also be tested in the "real world."
> Daedalus is NOT a location to be sanity checking new code.  When
> goes down, people notice.  The current code should
> not be placed on until it has been tested extensively
> on a lot of other machines.

Well, right now, anyone on the planet with the skill to write a couple
lines of Python and an internet connection can knock off the
net.  As long as this new build passes the testsuite, I think it would
be good for server development.  As I recall, bugs which took down
when it first started running on 2.0 got fixed within minutes.

-- Jon

View raw message