httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: DSO
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2001 18:47:07 GMT
On Tue, Oct 09, 2001 at 06:32:22AM -0700, Ryan Bloom wrote:
> On Monday 08 October 2001 08:21 pm, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> > So, +1 on removing the test and always building mod_so if the
> > platform has shared object support - can we check that?  -- justin

+1 on compiling mod_so by default, per the other parts of this thread (that
is: check APR_HAS_DSO).

> There are a lot of people who dislike DSO's, and there are companies who
> refuse to use them for security reasons.  I have had a couple of major
> companies tell me that they want everything compiled statically.

./configure --disable-so

Not a problem.

> As for the test, we should just do what we do for DAV.

Ryan is referring to these lines:

if test "$enable_http" = "no"; then
  dav_enable=no
else
  dav_enable=most
fi

APACHE_MODULE(dav, WebDAV protocol handling, $dav_objects, , $dav_enable)

IOW, just compute the default rather than using a hard-coded string. It
works just as well.

Cheers,
-g

--