httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/modules/http http_protocol.c
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2001 08:27:18 GMT
On Mon, Oct 08, 2001 at 09:00:18PM -0700, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 08, 2001 at 08:12:50PM -0000, gstein@apache.org wrote:
> > gstein      01/10/08 13:12:50
> >
> >   Modified:    modules/http http_protocol.c
> >   Log:
> >   HTTP_IN was attempting to process the PEEK mode. This threw off
> >   check_pipeline_flush(), making it think another request was available (when
> >   it wasn't). Apache would avoid flushing the prior request and block on
> >   reading the next request. (of course, the client wasn't sending the next
> >   one, cuz it was still waiting for the results of the first one)
>
> Yup, that sounds right.  =)  Thanks.
>
> PEEK bypasses all of the C-L checks and stuff, so the only thing
> HTTP_IN can do is get out of the way.  -- justin

Well, it is also arguable that PEEK should only talk to the *connection*
filters rather than the full stack. If that were the case, then we could
eliminate the usage of PEEK from HTTP_IN.

But I'm just not sure what the right fix is for PEEK. It would be nice to
not involve the filters, but a second reader of the socket doesn't sound
right either.

sigh

-g

--