httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@ebuilt.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/server core.c
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2001 03:42:16 GMT
On Mon, Oct 08, 2001 at 09:03:29AM -0400, Bill Stoddard wrote:
> > Note that all of this becomes *much* easier if we just switch over to
> > directly reading the socket.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > -g
>
> Can you elaborate?  I am thinking prettymuch the same thing.

Remove the apr_bucket_read calls in core_input_filter to be straight
apr_recv, etc. calls rather than relying on the buckets to read from
the socket.

I agree with Greg and Ryan's point (both have brought this up), but
I'd rather wait on this until we have settled upon the input
filtering semantics.  I think it is more of an optimization than
anything else.  I'm not sure it constrains us by not doing it now.
Once we're all happy (!), it is on my list of things to do.  -- justin