httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@ebuilt.com>
Subject Re: DSO
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2001 03:21:24 GMT
On Sun, Oct 07, 2001 at 08:31:16AM -0700, Aaron Bannert wrote:
> I propose we simply get rid of the "if test" in the above code snippit,
> and default to "static" for mod_so, since by default we have some
> modules already turned on.  Alternatively we could default to "no"
> and simply set "enable_so=yes" as soon as any APACHE_MODULE call ends
> in something non-"no".

Well, I'm kind of thinking we should always build mod_so.  I've run
into the case where I haven't built any shared core libraries (i.e.
in the tree), but have wanted to install a "separate" module (i.e.
mod_webapp) which must be built as shared.  Since I didn't compile
in mod_so, I needed to do a full recompile to enable mod_so.  Yuck.

So, +1 on removing the test and always building mod_so if the
platform has shared object support - can we check that?  -- justin