httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Eibner <tho...@stderr.net>
Subject Re: mod_rewrite.c adding X-Forwarded-For for proxy requests
Date Thu, 04 Oct 2001 20:06:43 GMT
On Thu, Oct 04, 2001 at 11:55:42AM -0700, Josh Goldberg wrote:
> I'm new around here, so please correct me if this is the wrong list.  I was having trouble
with my weblogs only seeing my reverse proxy server as the referrer, so I integrated Bjoern
Hansen's proxy_add_forward module functionality into the proxy section of mod_rewrite.  Below
is diff of CVS rev. 1.172 against my module.

If it was to be put in there mod_rewrite probably wouldn't be the place
to put it (IMO). mod_proxy is where it belongs.

What are you using to get it the other way around on your backend? I made
a little module that does the opposite of mod_proxy_add_forward, it's
called mod_rpaf and you can find it on http://stderr.net/apache/rpaf/

--
  Thomas Eibner <http://thomas.eibner.dk/> DnsZone <http://dnszone.org/>
  mod_pointer <http://stderr.net/mod_pointer>