httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <>
Subject Re: Tagging 1.3.21 now
Date Thu, 04 Oct 2001 13:32:55 GMT
Bill Stoddard wrote:
> I am not able to tag the tree. I get the folliwing messages...
> Any suggestions?

Argf. No doubt this is due to the split of the htdocs tree into it's
own branch. I recall this almost biting me as well last time I tagged.
The trick, IIRC, is to do a checkout of apache-1.3 as well as
the httpd-docs-1.3 tree, but *inside* the apache-1.3 directory
(to populate htdocs). And you only need httpd-docs-1.3/htdocs at that.
Assuming a relatively recent version of cvs, it's smart enough to
handle 2 CVS trees and tag appropriately.
   Jim Jagielski   [|]   [|]
                   will lose both and deserve neither"

View raw message