httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@ebuilt.com>
Subject Re: .asis handler isn't driven
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2001 18:02:46 GMT
On Tue, Oct 02, 2001 at 12:01:54PM -0500, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> IMHO, if we have unpredictable behavior due to directory -contents-,
> then mod_negotiation is broken.

+1 (me too).

Although I have no clue what the proper solution to this, I'm kind
of sure that if we are choosing based off file size, that is wrong.
There is no correlation between file size and actual content size
(think of a php-file versus a static file).  The only thing I could
think of is a preference directive like so:

Prefer html shtml php jsp cgi

I'm not sure I absolutely like it, but I don't know how else we
can achieve what we want.  It sounds like it must explicit.  I don't
think there is anything we can or should do for 1.3, but for 2.0, I
think we should come up with something that we agree is right.

> In the words of many administrators, "It shouldn't be this hard to
> understand."

In the words of many developers, too.  -- justin