httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Bloom <...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: SSL configuration file
Date Mon, 01 Oct 2001 20:37:24 GMT
On Monday 01 October 2001 01:33 pm, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 01, 2001 at 01:32:38PM -0700, Ryan Bloom wrote:
> > I would prefer to keep the SSL config out of the default config file,
> > because we aren't going to be distributing binaries with SSL.  At least,
> > I am assuming we won't, because there are countries that can't download
> > the SSL binaries legally, and we don't query the user's country at all.
>
> With proxy, the config is commented out, why not do the same thing
> for SSL?  -- justin

Because the proxy config is incredibly small.  The SSL config has historically
been huge.  If the proxy config ever has an example of every config directive,
and a paragraph for each, then I would suggest splitting it out into it's own
config file.

The reality is that most people just use the default config, and modify it to
fit their needs.  If we put the SSL config in there, we are just making it
harder for them to do that.

Ryan

Ryan Bloom				rbb@apache.org