httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Bloom <...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: SSL configuration file
Date Mon, 01 Oct 2001 20:32:38 GMT
On Monday 01 October 2001 01:27 pm, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 01, 2001 at 12:56:40PM -0400, MATHIHALLI,MADHUSUDAN (HP-Cupertino,ex1) wrote:
> > Hi,
> > 	Regarding the SSL configuration, I was wondering if it'd be better
> > to have a separate httpd-ssl.conf file, which contains all the SSL
> > specific information - OR is it better to go with the 1.3 model itself
> > (SSL config in the httpd.conf) ?.. I can send out a patch if required.
>
> The site admin can always do:
>
> Include conf/httpd-ssl.conf
>
> if they wanted to split it out.  No need to do anything else.
>
> IMHO, the example configs should be one file without includes.
> We can leave it up as an exercise to the reader to split it out.

I would prefer to keep the SSL config out of the default config file, because
we aren't going to be distributing binaries with SSL.  At least, I am assuming
we won't, because there are countries that can't download the SSL binaries
legally, and we don't query the user's country at all.

Ryan

Ryan Bloom				rbb@apache.org