httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@ebuilt.com>
Subject Re: SSL configuration file
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2001 01:20:19 GMT
On Mon, Oct 01, 2001 at 09:06:09PM -0400, MATHIHALLI,MADHUSUDAN (HP-Cupertino,ex1) wrote:
> Oh !!.. that's right :-).. I had the DocumentRoot setup with full path in
> the v-host configuration, and hence the confusion.. I thought the ServerRoot
> *is* required in setting it up..
> But does it really matter if we have the @@ServerRoot@@ variable in the ssl
> configuration file ?.. It should be really simple to 'sed' it to the prefix
> that's configured by the user - right ?..

I'm obviously missing something here...  Shouldn't the most simplisitic
config syntax for mod_ssl simply be:

<IfModule mod_ssl.c>
  <VirtualHost _default_:443>
    DocumentRoot htdocs
    SSLEngine on
    SSLCertificateFile /path/to/my/certificate/file
  </VirtualHost>
</IfModule>

I'm just not really seeing why we need this config to be separated out
into another file.  We don't need to have an example that shows
everything - just the most simplistic and common case.  Anything else
should be RTFM.  -- justin