httpd-dev mailing list archives

From hiten pandya <hpan...@lycos.co.uk>
Subject malloc.h is deprecated in FreeBSD :-{
Date Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT
hi all,
after a long time...

correct me if i am wrong...
i was reading the FreeBSD Developer Handbook and the
Porters Handbook.. and it said that malloc.h is deprecated
in FreeBSD.. i think 4.3 and up....

I saw some code that was using malloc.h.. i just wanted to
pass a note.. do u think that when we release the source
for FreeBSD for example... we should change the malloc.h
bit to stdlib.h (thats the new one in use)...?

And when we build binaries... we should change the code or
make a patch which will change the malloc.h bit to the new
library and then make the actual binary...?

thanks,

regards,
hiten pandya
<hpandya@lycos.co.uk>