httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jorge Roque <jro...@wonderworld.net>
Subject Authentication Questions
Date Fri, 12 Oct 2001 03:16:57 GMT

I am trying to set "Basic" Authentication with Apache. I create an
account with "htpasswd" in "AuthUserFile /home/public/wwwroot/passwd"
and when I try to access the folder I received the authentication prompt
but it continues to ask me for a user ID and password and does not let
me get in.

The following is my configuration:

 <Directory "/docs/">
        Allow from All
        Options Indexes Includes MultiViews
        IndexOptions FancyIndexing
        AllowOverride None
        AuthType Basic
        AuthName "Documentation Site"
        AuthUserFile /home/public/wwwroot/passwd
        AuthGroupFile /home/public/wwwroot/groups
        Require user jroque
    </Directory>

Could you please help me to find out why my apache server is not
accepting my authentication.

Thanks,

--
Jorge Roque
Wonderworld.Net

Computer & System Solutions for Business