httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: .asis handler isn't driven
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2001 21:52:51 GMT
From: "Bill Stoddard" <bill@wstoddard.com>
Sent: Tuesday, October 02, 2001 4:08 PM

> This is one of those 'light bulb comes on' posts.
>
> The mod_mime bug of not correctly handling unknown file name extensions essentially
> renders all the negotiable variants equivalent! mod_negotiation does the right thing
and
> serves up the smallest of the equivalent variants!

Yes!  The question before the list is --- is this goodness :-?

I argue no, that two files, a script and a static file, we need to
somehow express the static file is better than script.

Roy's point is good, IMHO, we can do so with mime-types.  But 'handler'
isn't negotiated, so that is a bad factor to 'weigh' (without some
Prefer directive as was suggested.)

Bill