httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: Not-a-bug: .asis handler isn't driven
Date Mon, 01 Oct 2001 16:51:25 GMT
From: "Bill Stoddard" <bill@wstoddard.com>
Sent: Monday, October 01, 2001 11:35 AM

> The sub_req for index.html.temp is destroyed because
> sub_req->content_type == NULL, which looks correct to me.

Try index.html.en.temp - which may have been what I was thinking of.
Assure that it becomes the last file in the directory listing.

The specific bug folks observed was that .lang.charset would be served,
even though charset wasn't negotiated.

How isn't content_type set, am I thinking of .temp.html?  I acknowledge
that this is _very_ tricky to reproduce.  I went *30* rounds with one
reporter, trying to duplicate their conditions.  I would succeed on and
off, the issues interact with one another to produce unexpected results.

In any case, this first example is the bug I've pointed you at.
The second case that Greg Ames is complaining of is the question,
do we take .asis (or any associated handler) and treat as-negotated.