httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: Problems with Keep-Alive and still not exiting childs
Date Sun, 28 Oct 2001 03:42:19 GMT
From: "Stipe Tolj" <tolj@wapme-systems.de>
Sent: Saturday, October 27, 2001 7:06 PM

> this problem is Cygwin 1.x specific, but I'm ask the list for a hint
> on where I can start figuring out what we have here:
>
> On the Cygwin 1.x platform (running both 1.1.8-2 and 1.3.3-2) I have
> the following effect. While running Apache the load is quite good
> handled using the standard MaxServers MinServers and MaxSpareServers
> settings. After a while I see from /server-status that ther are
> keep-alive slots that seem to stay (as it seems forever). So the
> scoreboard fills up in non-determinable intervals with "still"
> keep-alive connections, even while the server is not responding to the
> connctions.

Win32 doesn't use read/write, it uses send/recv.  While the read/write
oftentimes works, it's less than effective on occasion.

I suspect either the cygwin thunk is misbehaving, or we have compensated
in the server but the cygwin port doesn't pick up those exceptions.  Grep
throughout the source for send/recv where we've #ifdef'ed Win32, consider
including CYGWIN in those exceptions and see what you observe.