httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/server request.c
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2001 05:00:31 GMT
From: "Roy T. Fielding" <fielding@ebuilt.com>

> > I'm absolutely -1 on 'escaping' from the <Location > restrictions when
> > we don't have to.  Relative paths to the current directory are one such
> > case.  This is new behavior in 2.0 (didn't test location_walk ever on file
> > subrequests in 1.3) but I see no reason why we don't do this properly.
>
> Whoa, WTF do you mean by "properly"?  Subrequests are file content inclusions,
> not internal redirects.  They aren't supposed to check Location blocks because
> their URLs are file URLs internal to the server.  Only internal redirects are
> supposed to go through location walk.  Otherwise the server will go into
> infinite loops all over the place.

Ok... attached is what I think Greg wanted to accomplish, without changing the
assignment of the 'pseudo-uri' on subrequests.

On the other hand, I don't believe this is necessarily correct for dirent's that
translate to APR_DIR entries.  I believe we aught to pipe those back through
the Location walk.  That's my two cents.

Bill