httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/server request.c
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2001 04:39:01 GMT
From: "Roy T. Fielding" <fielding@ebuilt.com>
Sent: Tuesday, October 16, 2001 11:23 PM

> > I'm absolutely -1 on 'escaping' from the <Location > restrictions when
> > we don't have to.  Relative paths to the current directory are one such
> > case.  This is new behavior in 2.0 (didn't test location_walk ever on file
> > subrequests in 1.3) but I see no reason why we don't do this properly.
>
> Whoa, WTF do you mean by "properly"?  Subrequests are file content inclusions,
> not internal redirects.  They aren't supposed to check Location blocks because
> their URLs are file URLs internal to the server.  Only internal redirects are
> supposed to go through location walk.  Otherwise the server will go into
> infinite loops all over the place.

Then Greg Ames is right, I'm entirely loopy, and we have to see how we were
dying in sub_req_lookup_dirent (and apply the same fix to sub_req_lookup_file.)
I don't expect that nullifying the URI is the right way to go, however.

We probably should just drop a note on the subrequest, that this is a file/dirent
subrequest.  Unless you believe we should skip this for sub_req_lookup_uri as well,
in which case r->main is enough of a test within ap_process_request_internal().

Bill