httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/server/mpm/worker worker.c
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2001 20:59:38 GMT
Ryan Bloom <rbb@covalent.net> writes:

> On Wednesday 19 September 2001 01:21 pm, Greg Ames wrote:
> > For now, ThreadsPerChild might be fine.  I'd feel a little better about
> > some small constant, like 5 or 10.  But the code does need to learn to
> > deal with "queue full" more gracefully.
>
> Guys, please take a look at the archives.  Manoj did these tests over a year
> ago.  ThreadsPerChild is the optimal value.  We have run the numbers once
> already.

I would think that tests for reasonable queue limit need to be done
with an MPM hich is otherwise working fairly reasonably (e.g., not
losing connections when the queue fills).  Surely we haven't been
spinning our wheels all this time when Manoj had one lying around :)

             Born in Roswell... married an alien...