httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: Apache 1.3.21 tag and roll
Date Sat, 08 Sep 2001 04:50:25 GMT
On Fri, 7 Sep 2001, Pier Fumagalli wrote:

> "Bill Stoddard" <bill@wstoddard.com> wrote:
>
> > I'd like to tag and roll Apache 1.3.21.  Anyone have anything they would like
> > to get in first? I believe there are some proxy patches and some misc fixes to
> > 1.3.20 and that's about it. Not in any hurry but I would like to do it
> > sometime in the next few weeks. Opinions?
>
> Before rolling... Can someone check out why sometimes LD_SHLIB is not
> defined in APXS (seems to be a problem with RedHat 7.1)? Pretty please with
> sugar on top? (Or at least give me an hint on how to link a DSO when 'apxs
> -q LD_SHLIB' doesn't report anything).

the only thing apxs does on -q KEY is parsing build/config_vars.mk and
giving you the value of the requested key. Now, LD_SHLIB is not listed in
this file (at least not in mine). So the fix is to make it appear there,
and requires no changes to apxs.

BTW, grepping the sources for LD_SHLIB doesn't come up with anything but
apxs.in, so I don't think anybody generates it at all.

mailto:stas@stason.org   http://apachetoday.com http://eXtropia.com/