httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <cliffwool...@yahoo.com>
Subject child_exit/pchild cleanup (was Re: New post-log-transaction hook?)
Date Tue, 18 Sep 2001 15:19:59 GMT
On Tue, 18 Sep 2001, Ryan Bloom wrote:

> > You've confused the issue with your subject line (everybody is bugging out
> > because they're relating it to logging). It should not have anything to do
> > with "log". We have a pre-connection hook, so call yours post-connection.
> > That is when you want to run the hook, so we're all set.
>
> Actually, that isn't why I am "bugging out".  I don't think we need the hook.
> In the past, we had a child_exit hook, because we also had a child_init hook.
> However, the entire group thought that was a hack, because the cleanest way
> to do child_exit, is to register a cleanup.

Actually, I was just about to ask about child_exit for unrelated reasons.
Somebody asked me what happened to child_exit... I was just about to tell
them that all they had to do was register a cleanup on pchild when I
realized that the pchild pointer is static to each individual MPM and I
can't figure out how to access it from a module. Is there some other pool
with a similar lifetime that should be used besides pchild?  Or is there
some way to get at pchild that I'm missing?

Thanks,
--Cliff

   Cliff Woolley
   cliffwoolley@yahoo.com