httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <cliffwool...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Coredump in mod-include (INTERNALLY generated...
Date Wed, 05 Sep 2001 18:52:08 GMT
On 5 Sep 2001, Ian Holsman wrote:

> hi.
> just wondering if anyone care's for Cliff's fix to this
> core dump that he posted a while back

I never even convinced _myself_ that it was the Right Way, since the whole
purpose of the INTERNALLY GENERATED FUBAR r->uri is that there might not
even be a uri for the file if it's in a different directory.  That part
makes sense.  You can mask the behavior with my patch, and sometimes it
works, but I'm willing to bet that if you gave it a file with no valid URI
that it'd puke.  My patch only fixes (works around) the cases *I've*
thought up, which isn't very many.  =-)

I have no idea what the Right Way is.

--Cliff

   Cliff Woolley