httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "RCHAPACH Rochester" <rchap...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: -- Apache: Not enough file descriptors --
Date Tue, 18 Sep 2001 16:16:42 GMT

Yes, FD_SETSIZE is defined in sys/types.h on UNIX flavored
systems.  If you set it to a high enough value
(i.e. #DEFINE FD_SETSIZE 65535 ) before sys/types.h gets included,
it will override the value set in sys/types.h.  We (myself and a
couple co-workers) have submitted a patch to APR (dev@apr.apache.org)
to dynamically set this but there have been no comments on it yet.

Rob Simonson
simo@us.ibm.com

"Randolf Richardson" <randy@inter-corporate.com> on 09/17/2001 06:59:04 PM
     Gunter, thank you for forwarding my message -- I really
appreciate you taking the time to do this for me.

     I got all your messages but haven't had time to keep up
because I just got notice recently from my upstream provider that
my IP addresses are all changing and so lately I'm very busy with
switching everything over (it's a big job for 500 internet domains).

     I was wondering, in the code for Apache, is there an item called
"FD_SETSIZE" or some such?  I remember reading somewhere
that increasing this from its current setting of "64" may help solve
the problem -- perhaps if you find it you can change it to 65535 or
something and I can let you know if that solves the problem?

     Thanks once again for everything, and I'm sorry for not getting
back to you earlier.

Randolf Richardson - rr@8x.ca
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
http://www.8x.ca/