httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Pier Fumagalli <p...@betaversion.org>
Subject Re: Location of /manual
Date Sat, 15 Sep 2001 21:01:24 GMT
"Rodent of Unusual Size" <Ken.Coar@Golux.Com> wrote:

> -1 for 1.3.  (Yes, that is a retroactive veto.)  It breaks
> checkout as it currently stands (which could be fixed), and
> certainly violates the Principle of Least Astonishment for
> people upgrading from 1.3.20 or earlier.

Thanks for bringing this up to the list Ken... As things stand, it's
impossible to have a "clean" checkout of the FULL apache-1.3 CVS tree,
unless you don't manually remove the checked out htdocs directory, check it
out from the httpd-docs-1.3 module, move it in the right place, and do a
"cvs update -Pd"...

Also, with the current CVS layout, it's impossible to check out builds prior
to 1.3.13 (if I'm not wrong, but that should be the version).

Files should have been copied on the server around before the first split
(and I realize that now, months later it'll be a mess). If someone knows how
to "merge" two CVS (RCS) ",v" files, that could be a solution...

    Pier