httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Sander Temme <scte...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: solaris platforms supported
Date Sat, 08 Sep 2001 18:51:52 GMT
on 9/7/01 12:33 PM, Sunitha Kumar at sunithak@cisco.com wrote:

> -solaris 2.8, on Forte 6.0

Yes, with a try'n buy of 6.1. Compiling went OK once I made it fully
impossilbe for the configure script to find gcc, but when I tried to
introduce optimization (OPTIM=...), the -O... also got passed to the linker
and apparently Sun's ld doesn't like this.

The objective was, to find out whether Sun's compiler could produce faster
code.

Did not investigate further. May get back to this in the future.

gcc: yes, all the time:

[byrd:sctemme] sctemme$gcc -v
Reading specs from /usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/sparc-sun-solaris2.8/2.95.2/specs
gcc version 2.95.2 19991024 (release)

S.

--
Covalent Technologies                             sctemme@covalent.net
Engineering group                                Voice: (415) 536 5214

   PGP Fingerprint: 1E74 4E58 DFAC 2CF5 6A03  5531 AFB1 96AF B584 0AB1

use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended
of the original message