httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Hooper <Paul.Hoo...@one2one.co.uk>
Subject RE: too long string in access_log
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2001 13:13:10 GMT
Maybe 2) should be made clear in the Apache documentation as it seems to be
happening rather a lot.

-----Original Message-----
From: Rodent of Unusual Size [mailto:Ken.Coar@golux.com]
Sent: 06 September 2001 12:43
To: dev@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: too long string in access_log

Tobias Kremer :: IT wrote:

> yesterday I found a very obscure entry in my access_log which caused
> a complete freeze of my machine. Could it be that this was some kind
> of apache attack ?
>
> I'm using apache 1.3.12 on Suse Linux 7.0.

1) Upgrade to something more recent.
2) Ask this sort of question on the apache-server@yahoogroups.com.

The first might fix the problem, and you will have a better chance
of help from the other mailing list.  This list is for development,
not user support, and support questions often go unanswered as
a result.
--
#ken	P-)}

NOTICE AND DISCLAIMER: