httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Mladen Turk" <mt...@mappingsoft.com>
Subject [REWRITE] htpasswd.c
Date Sat, 22 Sep 2001 18:43:39 GMT
Hi,

Here is my humble attempt to rewrite the htpasswd util.
It has integrated support to manage either flat-files or apr_dbm based user
databases.

Now, there has been some thoughts to make two utils. The standard htpasswd
that deals with flat-file databases and the dbm powered one.

This util supports both, but it can be broken in two utils if that's what we
need.

The other thing is that this util breaks the command line options from
previous Apache1 version. The reason for that is the usage of apr_getopt
instead of custom command line parser from original htpasswd. If we need to
keep the original command line options that can be easily done.

I've tried to write the util as much independent from the stand-alone
application as I could. The reason for that is to enable some parts of code
to get into de apr core itself. IMHO if we have a mechanism for password
validation, then we should have the management code too.

I've tested the code on WIN32 and RH-7.1 platforms only, so I'll appreciate
comments from other platforms.

MT.