httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Mladen Turk" <mt...@mappingsoft.com>
Subject RE: [REWRITE] htpasswd.c
Date Sat, 22 Sep 2001 21:06:12 GMT

Know that.

The apr-util apr_dbm is the only thing that makes sense to me. I know that
there are lots of dbm-alikes out there, and almost all of them has some kind
of ndbm interface. Unfortunately this is true only on the UNIX platforms.
So I come with the common denominator and that is apr_dbm at the moment.

When apr_dbm gets (I hope) some kind of run-time dbm selection mechanism
instead of compile-time, the things will get much more easier.

I have a running port of dbm-1.85 that uses apr instead of unistd.h. When I
tested it on Linux I'll put it for the review. That will solve auth_db
(well, not version 2 and 3 from Sleepycat).

I really didn't test the binary file compatibility between apr-util SDBM and
ndbm that comes with each *NIX box. If you think that they are incompatible
then what is the reason for SDBM in the apr-util at all?
But if they are then I don't see any problem.

MT.