httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Holsman <i...@cnet.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0 STATUS
Date Fri, 07 Sep 2001 15:50:40 GMT
On Fri, 2001-09-07 at 05:32, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:
> >
> > Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> > >
> > > FWIW, I don't thinking creating a sub-project for one file makes
> > > a lot of sense.  -- justin
> >
> > I agree with Justin on this, and disagree with FirstBill and Ryan.
> >

> Before we do *anything* I'd like to see:
>
>   1. General consensus that we want this capability added in.
>      It seems to me that adding mod_gz is a knee-jerk reaction to
>      *not* wanting to add mod_gzip.

and mod_gzip not being available.
the authors have expressly said they no longer want to contribute it.

>   2. That we have a signed contrib agreement for the code.

jim. not exactly sure why you need one.
but if you fax/point me to a copy of your agreement I'll fax it to you.
for mod_gz. (fax 415-392-2344)

--
Ian Holsman          IanH@cnet.com
Performance Measurement & Analysis