httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Gonyou, Austin" <aus...@coremetrics.com>
Subject RE: Apache 2.0 release plan was Re: [SUGGESTION] mod_auth_xxxx AP I
Date Mon, 24 Sep 2001 22:32:35 GMT
Let us take one quick glance at some things, and perhaps this will help make
sense to all as well.

* As already stated, release plans != tag methods.
* Code can always move forward, that's what CVS and a dev tree, and a build
manager are for.
* Without good published guidlines on HOW one should code for this project,
and WHERE this project is heading, at all times, it is hard to measure
success.
* A roadmap of features and times, nothing hard will help in these matters
(ala Mozilla).
* Beta releases can be broken in certain areas, but not too many Sev1 bugs,
if any
* Things change, people like to know that things in the OSS community are as
organized as they can be.
* Things change, people are expecting more from the OSS community now that
winds are changing a bit.
* With the change in the wind, we must also change. Bend like the willows.

Just some thoughts, but I think the point is spoken.

--
Austin Gonyou
Systems Architect, CCNA