httpd-dev mailing list archives

From TOKI...@aol.com
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0 STATUS
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2001 19:04:43 GMT

Hi Justin...
Kevin Kiley here...

Justin wrote...

> FWIW, we're discussing Ian's mod_gz not Remote Communication's
> mod_gzip since an Apache 2.0 version of mod_gzip has not been
> submitted to the Apache Group for inclusion.  -- justin

Jim Jagielski asked...

> Can I ask why the rush? Let's get 2.0 out the door.

So far no answer.

Justin... you are the one who kicked this football down
the field in the first place at this point in time so it's your
turn for the hotseat for a moment.

Can you explain why, in so many words, this is such
a house on fire for you, personally?

I echo Jim's question...

Why is including Ian's mod_gz ( at this very moment )
more important than at least cutting a BETA of the Server?

I gave a +1 to including it (mod_gz) and I meant it (even though
my opinions don't mean much around here ) but after broiling in
the hot seat all weekend for not answering questions I thought
you should take a turn.

Where's the fire?

Yours...
Kevin Kiley