httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: proxy - a return.
Date Thu, 27 Sep 2001 00:30:05 GMT
Greg Stein wrote:

> Thankfully, it appears that we moved all that history over to httpd-proxy.
> Which, in turn, *may* mean that there is nothing in the Attic that is not
> already in the httpd-proxy history.

Ok - this is what I have done:

I checked the history - when the code was removed, the ,v files were
copied from the httpd-2.0 tree to the httpd-proxy tree - keeping the
history intact. The files were then removed from the httpd-2.0 tree,
thus putting them in the Attic.

Doing this backwards, first a backup was made of both the old Attic, and
the httpd-proxy tree. Then: The files in the httpd-2.0 Attic were
removed, as these files' history was already included within the files
in httpd-proxy. After this, the ,v files and the Attic in httpd-proxy
was copied over to httpd-2.0. Thus, the complete history was preserved
over the full time range, and the Attic was preserved of files that were
deleted (only three of them).

In theory this should mean that when an old version of httpd-2.0 is
checked out, the equivalent aged files in the proxy will be checked out
too. I would appreciate it if someone could double check what I have
done is correct.

The last step is to use cvs rm to remove the files (aka move the files
to the Attic) from the httpd-proxy tree.

> Are we having fun yet? :-)

:)

Regards,
Graham