httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: [SUGGESTION] mod_auth_xxxx API
Date Mon, 24 Sep 2001 19:44:09 GMT
Mladen Turk wrote:

> So what I'm suggesting is that we get rid of mod_auth, mod_autdb,
> mod_authdbm and possibly others and make a Authorization module API instead
> of writing and maintaining modules for different database file access
> methods, and make tree separate interface modules one for flat-files, one
> for db and one for dbm.

How is this different from what we have now? As I read it all you're
suggesting really as that a new module gets created between the various
auth modules and the core - but this common functionality already exists
in the core anyway, so I'm not sure what this achieves? What worries me
at first glance is that something that has a few config directives now
has a whole lot more config directives that achieve the same thing.

What would be useful is to go through all the modules and form a library
of common routines and common configuration, and either build that
module into the core, or allow it's use as a separate module DAV and
proxy style.

Regards,
Graham
minfrin@sharp.fm		"There's a moon