httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Stipe Tolj <>
Subject Re: FW: Apache Web Server for Windows CE
Date Sat, 22 Sep 2001 09:55:47 GMT
> ----- Forwarded message from Falle Rainer <> -----
> From: Falle Rainer <>
> To: human-response@Apache.Org
> Subject: Apache Web Server for Windows CE
> Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2001 15:48:08 +0200
> Dear Sirs,
> I am interested in a port of the Apache Web Server for Windows CE.
> Currently we are using the Apache Web Server Version 1.3.20 with the
> PHP- Extension for one of our projects.  The Web- Server is running on
> a standard desktop PC (OS: Win98, Win200 or WinNT). This PC is
> connected to a smart device, which is used for facility management,
> via a serial link.
> In our next release we want to port the web- server functionality to
> the smart- device. This device comes with Windows CE.
> I would appreciate if you could provide me with information if there
> is already a port for Windows CE available.

It's been in my mind -- at least as one application using the Cygwin
POSIX.1 layer for Win32.

There have been attempts to port (basicly using a cross-compiler to
the ARM platform) Cywin 1.x to Windows CE. If this is done you may use
the Apache 1.3 port for Cygwin which is commited to the official
sources to build a working Apache on Windows CE.

Please investigate the Cygwin mailing lists on if there
have been successfull Windows CE cross-compiles. If so, I may assist
to get Apache running on that Cygwin version.

Stipe Tolj
Department Management
Technology Center & Research Lab
Wapme Systems AG