httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Stewart <a...@foogod.com>
Subject Re: Q1: Rollup Release Format - Score So Far...
Date Thu, 20 Sep 2001 12:45:27 GMT
Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

> Graham Leggett wrote:
>
>>But consensus has just been reached that there will be a
>>single rollup release, so out of necessity there will
>>have to be one version per release.
>>

> That is a consensus that was built quite quickly, so it
> is certainly non-binding if new data suggest it is not
> the best alternative.

Just for clarification here, I would like to point out that I'm all in
favor of the apparent consensus regarding the single rollup release, and
nothing in my response was intended to change that in any way.

It had appeared that, given the consensus on the "what" (single rollup),
people had started to move on to the "how" (CVS tagging and rollup
procedures), and I was responding to some of the details of that topic.

My point was really that _given_ there's going to be a single rollup
with a particular release number, that rollup release number doesn't
necessarily have to be tied to the version numbers of the multiple
components that are in it, and it might be easier if it wasn't.

Sorry if there was any confusion..

-alex