httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: Q1: Rollup Release Format - Score So Far...
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2001 22:12:32 GMT
"William A. Rowe, Jr." wrote:

> Not if a module has released an incremental bugfix/securityfix between
> major core httpd releases, it doesn't.

If there is a security or serious bug fix, we should fire off another
rollup release. If it's a minor bugfix, a module should just wait till
the next rollup release comes around.

Right now, it seems that every now and again someone will still up their
head and say "time for another release?". At this point, people get
their ducks in a row and clear out any showstoppers, then the release is
issued and based on quality called beta/gold/whatever.

In future, anyone in any module project will stick up their head and say
"time for another release?". At this point, people in httpd-proxy,
httpd-ldap, httpd-2.0, apr and apr-util will get their ducks in a row
and clear out any showstoppers, then the release is issued and based on
quality called beta/gold/whatever.

The technique works well now, I believe it will still work even where
there is more than one module - perhaps an httpd-all mailing list needs
to be set up (containing all the sub lists) to which the "time for
another release?" message can be sent, so everyone is warned at the same
time of a coming release.

Regards,
Graham
minfrin@sharp.fm		"There's a moon