httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: New post-log-transaction hook?
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2001 17:52:12 GMT
Greg Stein wrote:
> It isn't a bug. Cleanups are for just wrapping things up,
> not doing work.

If that's the authoritative answer, then we need to provide
a supported way for 'doing work' at cleanup time.

> You might not even be able to open and use that file if
> your pool is n the process of being destroyed.

That sounds like utter tripe.  If you can't depend on the
pool lasting at least until your cleanup routine ends,
then the whole cleanup mechanism is seriously borked.  AFAIK
it isn't, so I think the above assertion *is*.
#ken	P-)}