httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: Q1: Rollup Release Format
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2001 08:36:01 GMT
Chuck Murcko wrote:

> -1 for A,B,C as currently proposed. Frankly, we've voted to put the proxy
> back twice. Why are we having this vote again? The last reason I heard for
> not putting the proxy back in was "we're worried about HTTP proxy standard
> diverging". It sounds thin.

This isn't a vote about putting the proxy back in - it's a vote of how
the final release of apache will look like.

It's important that this be nailed down first so that we have a "how to
release" plan for the various projects involved. It may well be that
everything ends up in the httpd-2.0 tree at the end of the day, but we
won't be able to decide that if we don't know how we are going to
release apache to the public.

Regards,
Graham
minfrin@sharp.fm		"There's a moon