httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Chuck Murcko <ch...@topsail.org>
Subject Re: Q1: Rollup Release Format
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2001 01:18:42 GMT
-1 for A,B,C as currently proposed. Frankly, we've voted to put the proxy
back twice. Why are we having this vote again? The last reason I heard for
not putting the proxy back in was "we're worried about HTTP proxy standard
diverging". It sounds thin.

+1 for Option A once we cut out the knee jerk "let's throw out this module"
and go through and clean out the core, as was brought up in April. Then we
can do a proper rollup release at 2.0.

Or +1 for putting the proxy and ldap modules into the core, and starting
this "modules rollup" project after 2.0 release. It's not a rollup if there
are 2 modules rolled up and 20 in the core, half of them experimental. It's
a fractious release plan.

I think anything with a proxy dependency should be moved out of the core if
we're cleaning, for starts. That'll save lots of bogus bug reports, not to
mention size and complexity. That would be mod_rewrite and mod_ssl, as well
as mod_ldap.

Does a basic HTTP server need DAV? Everything in /experimental can be
rolled up, right.

What apr and apr-util versions are we planning to roll up and ship? Are
there versions yet? I think we need a better release plan than what we're
talking about here.

Chuck